I built this kit in the last 2 month. I was looking for a nice DSLR to replace my long gone Pentax Me Super SLR. I wanted small, light and easy to use mainly in Aperture priority mode. I got exactly that. The Olympus E-420 is the smallest Digital Reflex (with mirror) on the market. The ergonomics is exactly what i was looking for. The thumb wheel is the best control button to change setup like aperture, speed or exposure compensation (better than 4-way control wheel). The control panel display is simple and show every important information needed. A simple push on OK button let yiou modify what you see on it. Fast and easy ergonomics. It is a great modern DSLR camera. You can find several review on internet.
I decided to sell it for 2 reasons. First, i am preparing for a 12-24 month south america bicycle tour. I will not bring a nice camera like this on tour with me. Second, i am a snapshooter at heart. I do fine with point and shoot camera. I take nice picture, even more with the E-420 but i only really take picture when hiking, biking or skiing for memory purpose.
So i sell this complete nice DSLR outfit. Lots of time and money went into building this kit. It was a lot of fun. I learn a lot. Everything used have been very well taken care for. The camera and kit lens are about 11 month old (last two month by me). The 40-150 lens was bought alone used so i don’t know how old it is but it is in excellent condition. I had some stuff already on hand from my previous outfit. Lots of new stuff is included (about one month old). Descriptions and price are lower on this page. Take a look at the gallery too.
Make someone happy (you or a friend!) and take superb picture!
- Olympus E-420 DSLR Camera body (less than one year old in excellent condition, no cosmetic flaw, almost perfect, the first owner took great care of it, i used it lightly for 2 month)
- Olympus M.Zuiko 17.5-45 F3.5-5.6 lens (Kit lens, cam with the E-420, excellent condition, always had a filter, no cosmetic flaw)
- Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150 F4-5.6 ED lens + caps and LH-61D hood (excellent condition, no cosmetic flaw)
- Screen protector film
- 1 Olympus XD 1 GB memory card
- 1 Patriot 266x 4GB CF Memory card (new, tried once)
- 1 Olympus PS-BLS1 battery
- 1 Maximal Power Li-Ion 1800mah battery (new, tried once)
- 1 Hoya UV (0) 52mm filter
- Olympus BCS-1 battery charger
- 1 USB cable
- 1 TV cable
- Original Olympus software CD
- Multi-language manuals (only french one was used)
- Warranty certificat
NOTE: the 17.5-45mm four/third lens is equal to a 35-90mm with a full frame camera and the 40-150mm is equal to a 80-300mm.
- Tamrac 5514 Adventure Zoom bag (new, used a few times only)
- Lowepro no1 lens bag (excellent condition, snap to the Tamrac bag)
- Zing Standard SLR Camera Cover (new, never used, fit perfectly with E-420)
- 1 Hoya 52mm polarizing filter
- 1 Kenko 58mm to 55mm step down ring (new, used once to test polarizing filter onto 40-150 lens)
- 1 Sakar 55mm polarizing filter
- 1 Kenko skylight 1A 55mm filter
- 1 Vivitar Yellow No15 55mm filter
- 1 Kenko 52mm to 55mm step up ring (new, never used)
- 1 Hoya 55mm Close-Up +2
- 1 Pixur 55mm Close-Up +1
I sell everything you see in the first 2 pictures for 600$ + shipping. I take Paypal. I have an 100% (110) rating on ebay and have sold bicycle parts on several forum. I prefer selling as a kit but i could consider offer.
I could throw a LoweproNova 5 bag (vg condition) for 20$ and a short Optex tripod at 10$ to the deal (picture below).